The National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts is pleased to invite national and international artists to participate in the International Biennial Print Exhibit: 2012 ROC. The aim of this juried biennial exhibition is twofold: firstly to encourage and promote the art of printmaking, and secondly to foster international cultural exchange. We believe that with the participation of talented artists from around the world, this event will serve as a key platform for artistic exchange and cultural collaboration, and help contribute to the diversity and vitality of print and print-related art.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
1. All entries must be original prints on paper. The work must be completed in or after 2009, wholly original and not have been entered the previous International Biennial Print Exhibit ROC competitions.
2. All works submitted must be in line with the generalized definition of print i.e. original pieces of artwork which meet the “indirect” and “multiple art” characteristics of print. All printmaking techniques, including monotypes and digital prints, are accepted.
3. Submitted works, including composite works, should not exceed 150cm × 40cm in either direction and 20cm in depth.
4. Each entrant is allowed to submit one piece of work only. Co-authored works will not be accepted.
5. All entries must be authenticated by the artist (i.e. signed and dated) in an appropriate place. Artwork must NOT be framed.
The following prizes are offered in the competition:
Gold Prize (1) Award and prize money of NTD 400,000
Silver Prize (1)Award and prize money of NTD 200,000
Bronze Prize (1)Award and prize money of NTD 100,000
Special Jury Prize (2)Certificate and prize money of NTD 80,000 (each)
Merit Prize (5)Certificate and prize money of NTD 50,000 (each)
Honorable Mention (5)Certificate and prize money of NTD 30,000 (each)
SUBMISSION OF WORKS
1. Submission is open between 1st January and 1st February 2012. To be accepted as valid submission, the envelope's post mark should be no later than 1st February 2012. It should also be noted that submissions which arrive later than 1st March 2012 will not be accepted.
2. The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the competition at http://www1.ntmofa.gov.tw/print , http://www.ntmofa.gov.tw/ or www.cca.gov.tw。
3. All entrants must send their original work along with the application form by post. Hand-delivered submissions will NOT be accepted. To enquire about a submission please visit the organizer's official website at http://www1.ntmofa.gov.tw/print
4. The submitted work must NOT be framed. Submitted work should be sent either in a thick cardboard poster tube or cardboard wrap to make sure it arrives safe.
5. All entrants should send their original work by post only. The submitting artist is responsible for the cost of postage, insurance and taxes. Hand-delivered submissions will NOT be accepted.
6. The application form, label A and label B should all be typed or handwritten clearly (in legible and readable capital letters only), and be sent along with the work. Incomplete, unsigned or illegible forms will not be accepted.
ADDRESSES FOR SUBMISSION
Please send your work, along with the complete and signed application form, to the following address:
International Biennial Print Exhibit: 2012 ROC
National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts
No. 2, Sec. 1, Wu-Chuan W. Rd., Taichung 40359
TAIWAN, R. O. C.
Tel: (+) 886 4 2372 3552 ext. 706 or 305
Fax: (+) 886 4 2375 4730